Hey, I know I’m late for Awesomelicious Dessert of the Month #2- I’m sorry, but anyway, here it is! I tried it – it’s my own blend, and better than any you’ll ever get from a bakery! And furthermore, it’s easy as easy can be!
Makes: 11 small cookies
- Preheat oven to 180-200°C.
- In a saucepan, on medium heat, combine the egg whites, sugar and vanilla sugar then and whisk vigorously until they get hot and frothy. Remove from heat and keep whisking until temperature cools down a bit.
- Add the shredded coconut all at once and mix together with a wooden spoon; then add the butter.
- Powder and grease a tray, and place balls of coconut mixture on the baking sheet (around 1.5 inch in diameter).
- Brush a bit oil/butter* on the top of the cookies before baking.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes until they get golden; the Congolais must be crunchy outside and soft inside.
|In the oven|
|Right before going into the oven|
|Fresh ‘n’ hot!|
- Take out of tray and sprinkle some coconut powder on all of them.
*Yes, I know you usually brush egg yolks on top, but trust me, this is awesome too! x) But if you want, you can do that! Or not do either. Totally optional.