Here’s your awesomelicious savory of the month. Enjoy it!
4 hot dog buns
2 large leftover boiled potatoes, peeled and mashed
200 g cottage cheese, grated
1 tablespoon raisins, soaked in warm water
4 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, cleaned,washed and chopped
1 medium onion, peeled,washed and chopped
3 -4 green chilies, washed and chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons oil
oil, to deep fry
1/2 tablespoon red chile, crushed
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
salt as needed
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 medium onions, peeled,washed and chopped
1 bunch Lettuce, washed and shredded
4 green chilies, washed and chopped
2 tablespoons butter
4 teaspoons english mustard paste
4 teaspoons coarse mustard paste
4 tablespoons ketchup
- Slit the buns into half without cutting them into two.
- Heat a tbsp.
- of oil in a pan.
- Saute onions till translucent.
- Add the cottage cheese, potatoes, crushed red chilies, fried onion, green chilies, coriander leaves, gar-am masala powder, salt and raisins to the pan.
- Mix well.
- Allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Make cylindrical shaped croquettes.
- Roll these in seasoned refined flour, then dip in milk and roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Refrigerate for an hour or more.
- Heat sufficient oil in a wok.
- Deep fry the rolls till golden brown.
- Drain onto an absorbent kitchen towel.
- Apply butter on the sides of the buns.
- Apply mustard paste after that.
- Place a spoonful of chopped onions on one side.
- Spread tomato ketchup on the other side and arrange the shredded lettuce.
- Place the hot fried rolls, one in each bun.
- Put a whole green chilli if you desire.
- Serve immediately.