Perfect, irresistible, beautiful, and delicious!
Prep time 1 hour
Bake time 35 minutes plus freezing
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. To prepare the crust: Line a 9-inch-square baking pan with foil and grease the foil. Combine the cracker crumbs, pecans, and butter. Press into prepared pan and set aside.
2. To make the filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream. Add eggs and beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Pour over crust.
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Freeze overnight.
4. For the coating, melt chocolate and shortening in a microwave and stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
5. Remove cheesecake from freezer. Using the edges of the foil, lift cheesecake out of pan. Peel off foil and cut into 49 squares. Refrigerate squares until ready to dip.
6. Using a toothpick, dip squares, one at a time, in coating. (Reheat if needed.) Place on waxed paper–lined baking sheets; spoon about 1 tsp. coating over each. Let stand 20 minutes or until set. Store in the refrigerator.
References: Reader’s Digest