Absolutely awesomelicious. Yum, my mouth’s still watering.
Servings – 24-26 Numbers
4 cups All purpose flour
2 tsp Yeast
100 Gms Butter
1 cup Milk
4-5 tbsp Sugar
1-2 tsp Salt
1-2 tsp Oil for greasing hands
Oil for frying
Caster Sugar for Dusting
- To warm milk, add the butter and stir till melted.
- In a bowl, add in all the dry ingredients and knead well to a dough,with the addition of milk-butter mix.
- Add water if required to knead well to make a soft and loose dough. ( Not too watery, but sticky is the right consistency).
- Grease your palm with little oil and knead the dough well for about 5-10 minutes. Cover and allow the dough to rest and rise for about 2 hours.
- After two hours, knead it once again and then squeeze medium lemon size balls from the main dough.
- Flatten them a little and then using a cutter or anything else sharp you could cut them to perfect circle. ( I used a glass) If you are an expert , you could round it with your greased palm itself.
- . Make a hold in the center with your little finger and just expand it.
- . In a deep frying pan, heat oil and then fry each doughnut, without burning them.
- . Garnish them with castor sugar.
Tips – This dough could be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator for about a week.
– Bring it to room temperature , before you start frying them.
– For adding any frosting, the doughnuts needs to be completely
References: http://jenyjohn.wordpress.com (Cooks and facts)