Tired of those typical triangle sandwiches? Try one of these! Quick, easy and delicious. A very pleasant change, and a great munching object while you study, talk, paint, read, watch a movie or anytime else!
1 loaf Sandwich Bread (crusts removed)
For yogurt sauce:
3 tbsps yogurt
3 tbsps Mayonnaise
1 tsp Fresh lemon juice
1 tsp Oregano
1 tbsp Fresh basil (thinly sliced)
A pinch of salt
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
For chicken filling:
8 oz. chicken breast (cooked and shredded)
2 Roasted bell peppers (thinly sliced)
2 cups fresh iceberg lettuce or cabbage (chopped)
- First prepare the yogurt sauce. In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, basil, chilli powder, oregano and salt. Stir well.
- Then, mix the shredded chicken in the sauce.
- Add the bell peppers and iceberg or cabbage and mix well.
- Now, flatten the bread with a rolling-pin. Spread a rounded tablespoon of chicken filling onto each slide of bread.
- Gently roll up; tie each with a strip of green onion.
- You may also serve by cutting the loaf into slices.