Deep Fried Oreos
Deep fried Oreos are absolutely perfect in every way! That is, if you get the batter, coating and frying right. Don’t worry: they’re delightfully easy and disappear super-quick! Eat them before they turn cold, and feel the outer part crunch, the filling melt on your tongue and the biscuit disappear down your throat!
1 large egg
1 cup milk
2/3 tsp vegetable oil
2/3 tbsp sugar
A pinch of salt
1-2/3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
10-15 Oreo Biscuits
- Prepare the batter. Mix the wet ingredients (egg, milk, oil, vanilla) and dry ingredients (sugar, salt, flour, baking soda, baking powder) separately.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients as you mix the two thoroughly. The batter should be thick enough to slowly drip off a spoon. If the batter is too thick/dry, add more milk. Stir till no dry lumps remain.
- Preheat vegetable oil for frying.
- Dip the cookies into the batter one at a time, folding the batter over them. Make sure the batter surrounds the cookie at all sides.
- Carefully place the cookies into the frying oil. Fry till the cookies turn golden-brown at all sides. Drain the oil with paper towels once they’re on the plate.