We’ve all eaten, and maybe made too, Black-eyed Pea Salad. But today, we’ll be making Black-eyed peas the way it’s cooked in the Indian Subcontinent. Prepare yourselves for a mouth-watering journey! Try serving it with rice or chapathi. Squeezed lemon on top adds a marvellous flavour.
Makes: 1 bowl (can serve 3-4 people)
- Soak Peas for 1-2 hours.
- Drain the soaked peas.
- Heat oil, and fry chopped onion till it changes colour to milky white.
- Add the turmeric powder, chili powder, black-eyed peas, salt,
- and the gralic and ginger paste to the onions. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Now add the tomato paste and 3 cups of water.
- Cook on a pressure cooker for 10 minutes.