This easy and very, very delicious snack is perfect for breakfast, lunch, school or even a midnight snack! The cinnamon balances the sugar perfectly, and it’s beneficial if you have a cold. The crunchiness is OMG, and what’s more, it takes less than five minutes! So munch awayy!
Tired of those typical triangle sandwiches? Try one of these! Quick, easy and delicious. A very pleasant change, and a great munching object while you study, talk, paint, read, watch a movie or anytime else!
1 loaf Sandwich Bread (crusts removed)
For yogurt sauce:
3 tbsps yogurt
3 tbsps Mayonnaise
1 tsp Fresh lemon juice
1 tsp Oregano
1 tbsp Fresh basil (thinly sliced)
A pinch of salt
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
For chicken filling:
8 oz. chicken breast (cooked and shredded)
2 Roasted bell peppers (thinly sliced)
2 cups fresh iceberg lettuce or cabbage (chopped)
- First prepare the yogurt sauce. In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, basil, chilli powder, oregano and salt. Stir well.
- Then, mix the shredded chicken in the sauce.
- Add the bell peppers and iceberg or cabbage and mix well.
- Now, flatten the bread with a rolling-pin. Spread a rounded tablespoon of chicken filling onto each slide of bread.
- Gently roll up; tie each with a strip of green onion.
- You may also serve by cutting the loaf into slices.
Yeah! I’m going to tell you about a new delicious dish. What do you like the most in the breakfast?
Some eggs? Bread? Tea?
Nah, forget all those! It’s time for change! Have a look at Bread with Khagina:
Black pepper powder: 1/2 tsp.
Green chilies: 2 Nos.
Ginger: 1/2 tsp.
Salt: To taste
Red chili powder: 1/2 tsp.
Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tsp.
Egg: 2 Nos.
Onions: 2 Nos.
Tomato: 1 No.
Coriander leaves (Fresh): 1/2 tsp.
Butter: 2 tbsp
Cottage Cheese: 50 gms.
- Beat two eggs and keep aside.
- Chop Onion, tomato, green chilies, and ginger.
- Mash cottage cheese.
- Egg Khagina is ready
- Top with chopped coriander and serve hot.
- Fry chopped onions, tomatoes, ginger and green chili in butter till golden brown.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric, salt, pepper
- Add the beaten eggs to the mixture and cook on medium flame, tossing and slicing the mixture with a spatula into discrete lumps until fully cooked.
- When cooked, add mashed cottage cheese and toss for 2 mins.
Other ingredients may be added as per personal preferences; however, the ingredients listed above are widely believed to form the base for any khagina, much in the same way as margherita is a base for most pizzas. Other ingredients that can be added include potatoes, capsicum, peas, mushroom, etc., though the latter is not considered traditional.