Tandori Batair Recipe
Quails (batyer) 8
6) Yoghurt (dahi) 2 tbsp
8) Red chilli paste 2 tbsp
11) Cumin (jeera) powder 1 tbsp
12) Nutmeg (jaiphal) powder 1 tsp
1.Clean quails and rub them with salt, lemon juice and ginger-garlic paste.
2.Keep aside for 30 minutes.
3.Whisk Yoghurt and add Red chilli powder, Red chilli paste, cumin powder, nutmeg powder, tumeric powder and garam masala.
4.Coat the quails evenly with this mixture and keep aside for 2 hours.
5.Skewer the quails and roast in a moderately hot tandor for 3-5 minutes.
6.Remove from skewer and serve hot accompnied by chutney.
Mughlai Chicken Botti
Boneless chicken cut into small cubes, 1/2 kg
Coconut, desiccated 1/2 tsp
Cashew nuts, roasted and powdered 18
Garlic powder 1/2 tsp
Chili powder 1/2 tsp
Red food color 2-3 pinches
Green chillies, coarsely ground 8, seeds removed
Fresh coriander and mint, 3 1/2 tbsp, finely chopped
Butter / oil 2 tbsp
Lemon juice 6 tbsp
Salt to taste
- In a bowl mix all the spices and make a thick paste. Marinate chicken overnight in the refrigerator. Grease a baking tray with butter or oil, spread marinated chicken cubes on it and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10-15 minutes till chicken becomes crispy and tender.
- Turn the chicken over halfway through baking. Garnish with finely chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Serve hot with parathas or rice.