Here are some of our favorite savoury recipes over the time we’ve spent here! What were your faves? Tell us below!
April 12 is *un*officially NGCSD (National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day)! Here’s a quick Grilled Cheese Sandwich recipe perfect for *almost* every ocassion:
Cheese slices (whatever type)
Bread slices (whatever type)
Thinly sliced tomatoes
Chili sauce/Barbecue sauce/Tomato sauce
Any other toppings you wish to include
- Butter a frying pan, or the outside of each slice of bread, whichever you prefer, and put one side of sandwich on pan with cheese on top. (you can also add some olive oil to the pan, if you want.) Then add the top slice right away. Lower the heat and cover to help the cheese melt.
- Check to see if bread is brown after no more than a minute and a half, although more time may be needed for desired results. When bread is brown enough, flip. Dispose of the left over butter grounds out of the pan, so the next flip will be fresh.
- Know that the second side should brown faster so be prepared to check it in no time. When it is cooked to your satisfaction, turn off the stove, put your sandwich on a plate, and enjoy.
- Plus, cut the sandwich to a two triangles if you want.
Know any other ways to make Grilled Cheese Sandwiches? Any favourite toppings? Tell us below!
Total Time:1 hrs 15 mins
Prep Time:15 mins
Cook Time:1 hrs
It is very healthy.It is a little spicy so if u don’t have tolerance for spicy food,you may leave out the seeds of jalapeno.
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium jalapeno pepper, chopped
1/2 medium green pepper
4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups frozen corn
1/2 cup dry white wine or 1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauceTopping
1 cup non-fat tortilla chips (optional)
Saute onion, garlic, jalapeño and green pepper with olive oil in a large pot until soft.
Add all the rest of the ingredients to the large pot and bring to a boil.
After about 15 minutes, remove the chicken breasts and shred.
(Two forks work well to pull the chicken apart!).
Return shredded chicken to the pot and simmer an additional 45 minutes.
Serve, topped with crushed tortilla chips if desired.
Pasanday Biryani is one of the most famous Asian traditional main courses.This recipe is scrumptious & easy to cook so try this Pasanday Biryani Recipe and make your dining remarkable.
1 kg Pasanday
1 cup Yogurt
1 cup Fresh Milk
1 cup Oil or Ghee
1 bunch Finely chopped Mint leaves
4 Finely chopped onion
6 Finely chopped green chilies
2 Â½ cup Rice
1 tbsp Red chili powder
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
2 tbsp Raw Papaya paste
a pinch Yellow color
to taste Salt
6 Green Cardamom
6 Black pepper
1 tsp White Cumin seeds
1 tbsp Poppy seeds
2 tbsp Roasted gram
- Grind together 4 cloves, 6 green cardamoms, 6 black peppers, 1 tsp white cumin seeds, 1 tbsp poppy seeds and 2 tbsp roasted gram.Marinate 1 kg pasanday with 2 tbsp raw papaya paste, 1 cup yogurt, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, ground seeds, salt to taste, juice of 3 lemons, ½ bunch of chopped mint leaves, 3 chopped green chilies and 1 tbsp chili powder.
- Keep aside for 30 minutes.Heat 1 cup oil in pan, add in 4 chopped onions and fry till golden brown, now remove brown onion and keep aside.
- Now add in oil marinated pasanday and cook till water dries. Now turn the flame off.Boil 2 1/2 cup rice in a pan with mint leaves, 3 green chilies, few green cardamoms and water as required till half tender.
- Drain out extra water and keep aside.Now grease a large pan, make a layer of boiled rice, top with cooked pasanday mixture. spread half of brown onion, juice of 1 lemon. Now make another layer of boiled rice. lastly pour 1 cup warm milk mixed with a pinch of yellow color.
- Now pour remaining lemon juice, mint leaves and green chilies on top. Simmer till done.