Browned Butter Brownies
Here is another recipe I stumbled upon, and loved. Enjoy! 😀
3/4 cup butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Swirl often until the butter melts completely, then starts to turn a nutty brown, about 5 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and add sugar, cocoa, 2 teaspoons water, vanilla, and salt. Stir well, then set aside to cool slightly.
- After about 10 minutes, add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. When mixture looks thick and shiny, stir in the flour and nuts and pour into a buttered pan.
- Bake brownies until toothpick inserted into center comes out almost clean (with a few moist crumbs attached), about 30 minutes.
Recipe Source: Babble.com