Here are some of our favorite savoury recipes over the time we’ve spent here! What were your faves? Tell us below!
Cook Time: 1 hrs 19 min
4 garlic cloves, minced (more garlic is a good thing, less garlic is a no-no for this recipe)
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup water
1 tablespoon dried oregano (get the Mediterranean, it’s the best!)
1 lemon, juiced
fresh coarse ground black pepper
2 Put all the ingredients into a baking pan large enough to hold them.
3 Season generously with sea salt and black pepper.
4 Make sure your hands are very clean and put them in the pan and give everything a toss to distribute.
5 The garlic will drop into the water/oil solution but its flavour will permeate the potatoes, and this way, it won’t burn.
6 Bake for 40 minutes.
7 When a nice golden-brown crust has formed on the potatoes, give them a stir to bring the white underside up, season lightly with a bit more sea salt and pepper and just a light sprinkling of oregano.
8 Add 1/2 cup more water if pan appears to be getting dry, and pop back into oven to brown other side of potatoes.
9 This will take about another 40 minutes.
10 Do not be afraid of overcooking the potatoes- they will be delicious.
11 Note: I often melt a bouillon cube in the water; if you do, make sure to cut back some on the salt.
April 12 is *un*officially NGCSD (National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day)! Here’s a quick Grilled Cheese Sandwich recipe perfect for *almost* every ocassion:
Cheese slices (whatever type)
Bread slices (whatever type)
Thinly sliced tomatoes
Chili sauce/Barbecue sauce/Tomato sauce
Any other toppings you wish to include
- Butter a frying pan, or the outside of each slice of bread, whichever you prefer, and put one side of sandwich on pan with cheese on top. (you can also add some olive oil to the pan, if you want.) Then add the top slice right away. Lower the heat and cover to help the cheese melt.
- Check to see if bread is brown after no more than a minute and a half, although more time may be needed for desired results. When bread is brown enough, flip. Dispose of the left over butter grounds out of the pan, so the next flip will be fresh.
- Know that the second side should brown faster so be prepared to check it in no time. When it is cooked to your satisfaction, turn off the stove, put your sandwich on a plate, and enjoy.
- Plus, cut the sandwich to a two triangles if you want.
Know any other ways to make Grilled Cheese Sandwiches? Any favourite toppings? Tell us below!
Total Time:1 hrs 15 mins
Prep Time:15 mins
Cook Time:1 hrs
It is very healthy.It is a little spicy so if u don’t have tolerance for spicy food,you may leave out the seeds of jalapeno.
1 medium onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium jalapeno pepper, chopped
1/2 medium green pepper
4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups frozen corn
1/2 cup dry white wine or 1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauceTopping
1 cup non-fat tortilla chips (optional)
2 Add all the rest of the ingredients to the large pot and bring to a boil.
3 After about 15 minutes, remove the chicken breasts and shred.
4 (Two forks work well to pull the chicken apart!).
5 Return shredded chicken to the pot and simmer an additional 45 minutes.
6 Serve, topped with crushed tortilla chips if desired.
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
12 ounces cottage cheese (we like 2%)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup asiago cheese
12 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
3 Cook long enough to get it warm.
4 Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of the slow cooker.
5 Add a double layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (break to fit) and top with cheeses.
6 Repeat with sauce, noodles and cheeses until all are used up.
7 Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
Pasanday Biryani is one of the most famous Asian traditional main courses.This recipe is scrumptious & easy to cook so try this Pasanday Biryani Recipe and make your dining remarkable.
1 kg Pasanday
1 cup Yogurt
1 cup Fresh Milk
1 cup Oil or Ghee
1 bunch Finely chopped Mint leaves
4 Finely chopped onion
6 Finely chopped green chilies
2 Â½ cup Rice
1 tbsp Red chili powder
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
2 tbsp Raw Papaya paste
a pinch Yellow color
to taste Salt
6 Green Cardamom
6 Black pepper
1 tsp White Cumin seeds
1 tbsp Poppy seeds
2 tbsp Roasted gram
- Grind together 4 cloves, 6 green cardamoms, 6 black peppers, 1 tsp white cumin seeds, 1 tbsp poppy seeds and 2 tbsp roasted gram.Marinate 1 kg pasanday with 2 tbsp raw papaya paste, 1 cup yogurt, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, ground seeds, salt to taste, juice of 3 lemons, ½ bunch of chopped mint leaves, 3 chopped green chilies and 1 tbsp chili powder.
- Keep aside for 30 minutes.Heat 1 cup oil in pan, add in 4 chopped onions and fry till golden brown, now remove brown onion and keep aside.
- Now add in oil marinated pasanday and cook till water dries. Now turn the flame off.Boil 2 1/2 cup rice in a pan with mint leaves, 3 green chilies, few green cardamoms and water as required till half tender.
- Drain out extra water and keep aside.Now grease a large pan, make a layer of boiled rice, top with cooked pasanday mixture. spread half of brown onion, juice of 1 lemon. Now make another layer of boiled rice. lastly pour 1 cup warm milk mixed with a pinch of yellow color.
- Now pour remaining lemon juice, mint leaves and green chilies on top. Simmer till done.