This Iced Coffee Sundae is not only astonishingly easy to make, but also great for any occasion, be it the Fourth of July or Iftar in Ramadan.If you find reading this post difficult, please tell us immediately, because this was posted via email. Thanks.
1 shot of cold espresso coffee or 30ml/1fl oz strong black coffee
200ml full-fat milk
3 scoops vanilla ice cream
2 ice cubes
1 small brownie or chocolate chip cookie
Coconut Ice Cream Baskets
Here’s a contribution by Mahparah Raza!
Ingredients: Continue reading
We’ve recently begun doing a lot of pancakes, and this one is my own new recipe! Plus, this pancake can be served chilled or fresh (hot), even though I personally prefer the latter. This quick recipe is great for any time of the day, and can satisfy your taste buds and your stomach, both!
Makes: 1 huge, thin pancake.
1 whole egg
4-1/4 tbsps all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsps sugar
2 scoops ice-cream (any flavour)10 tbsps milk
- First, mix the milk and ice-cream in a blender.
- Now mix all the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients in separate bowls.
- Add the ice-cream milk/shake to the wet mixture. Mix well.
- Slowly and gradually add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Be careful not to form lumps.
- Oil a pan. On medium heat, pour the batter in the pan in circles. If you want a thin pancake, which is great for an ice-cream pancake, spread the batter all over the pan. Make sure it is even.
- Flip over when one side is done or when you see bubbles forming on top.
- When the other side is also cooked, take off from flame.
- Serve hot or chilled. Goes great with a scoop of ice-cream in the centre, chocolate syrup etc as toppings.
This delicious recipe has been complied by Sarah Raza. Thank you, Sarah! It’s not only delicious, but also easy and quick; perfect for those last-minute desserts! This recipe can also be made without sugar and/or jelly, if you are aiming for low-sugar desserts.
1 cup yogurt
1 whole apple, sliced
1 whole banana, sliced
Two whole pineapple round slices
1-2 scoops Ice-cream (whatever flavour)
Flavoured Jelly (optional)
Sugar (as much as needed; optional)
- Cut the pineapple into small pieces. Put fruits aside.
- Mix the ice-cream and yogurt in a blender, add sugar if necessary.
- Set the fruits in a tray, and pour the ice-cream yoghurt over them.
- Sprinkle Jelly pieces cut in squares over the yoghurt.
How many times have you wished that you could serve your ice-cream in a more attractive way to your guests? Worry no more! Try these awesomelicious ways to serve ice-cream, so that you and your gueasts can get a break from the typical bowl-and-two-scoops style:
It’s a wrap
Sandwich a scoop of ice cream between two chocolate biscuits (cookies) and gently squeeze together. Make as many as you need, then serve straight away, or wrap each one tightly in plastic and freeze to serve later.
Chop some rhubarb and place in a saucepan with sugar to taste. (Add a cinnamon stick or pinch of ground cinnamon if desired.) Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until the rhubarb is soft and pulpy. Serve with vanilla ice cream, with a gourmet shortbread on the side.
Takes the cake
Cut a ready-made sponge cake or chocolate cake in half horizontally. Top the base with small scoops of ice cream, then replace the top. Drizzle with chocolate or another sauce, cut into wedges and serve immediately.