Here is another recipe I stumbled upon, and loved. Enjoy! 😀
3/4 cup butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
Chocolate-craving? These Double Chocolate Malt Brownies are not only insanely easy and quick, but also just as insanely delicious! Add a new twist to those brownies you’re thinking to make!
Microwave Double Chocolate Malt Brownies
1 cup malted milk powder (I used Nestle Milo)
1 cup chocolate chunks
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa Continue reading
How many times have you goggled at those delicous-looking Red Velvet Cupcakes in the bakery window? Don’t worry anymore! Try out this easy recipe for red velvet fairy cakes!
110g self-raising flour
110g butter (at room temperature)
110g caster sugar
1 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp red food colouring
½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Sift the flour and cocoa into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Use an electric whisk, (very slowly to start with to avoid flour in your hair and up your nose), then increase the speed and mix all the ingredients together until soft and fluffy.
2. Fill each of the cake cases just over half way. Cook for 10 minutes or until the cake springs back when you touch it. (If you prefer cupcakes, just use cupcake cases and a standard size muffin tray and cook for 20 – 25 mins).
3. Cool and smother with cream cheese icing (recipe given below).
Cream Cheese Icing:
300g icing sugar
100g butter (room temperature)
100g cream cheese
1. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and mix in the butter, this will take a little while and quite a lot of muscle power.
2. Once the mixture has come together, stir in the cream cheese and mix well until the little lumps vanish. Don’t mix for too long or it may become runny.
Oscar’s Lunch: http://oscarslunch.blogspot.com/
Have fun eating and making!
Indulge yourself into this scrumptious dessert. As I always say, one cake (even if it is a big one) won’t hurt!
1/2 cup water
60g butter (chopped)
2 tbsps cocoa (sifted)
1 cup plain flour (sifted)
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (sifted)
1 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
chocolate cream cheese frosting
50g butter (softened)
250g cream cheese
1 cup icing sugar mixture (sifted)
1/4 cup cocoa (sifted)
- Preheat oven to 150’C
- Place the water, butter and cocoa in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until the butter has melted.
- Place the flour, bicarbonate soda and sugar in a bowl, add the cocoa mixture and whisk to combine. Add the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Divide mixture between 2 lightly greased 12cm round cake tins lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool in the tins for 5 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, make the cream cheese frosting. Place the butter and cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 6–8 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add the icing sugar and cocoa and beat for a further 6–8 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- To assemble, slice the cakes in half horizontally. Place one cake layer on a plate and spread with one quarter of the frosting. Repeat with remaining layers and frosting. Decorate as desired.
Taken from MasterChef Australia, made by Donna Hay.
Tested by me.
Do tell me how it turned out!