Makes: 20-25 Fairy Cakes
1. Sift the flour and cocoa into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Use an electric whisk, (very slowly to start with to avoid flour in your hair and up your nose), then increase the speed and mix all the ingredients together until soft and fluffy.
2. Fill each of the cake cases just over half way. Cook for 10 minutes or until the cake springs back when you touch it. (If you prefer cupcakes, just use cupcake cases and a standard size muffin tray and cook for 20 – 25 mins).
3. Cool and smother with cream cheese icing (recipe given below).
Cream Cheese Icing:
1. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and mix in the butter, this will take a little while and quite a lot of muscle power.
2. Once the mixture has come together, stir in the cream cheese and mix well until the little lumps vanish. Don’t mix for too long or it may become runny.
Oscar’s Lunch: http://oscarslunch.blogspot.com/
Have fun eating and making!